Diamond is a python daemon that collects system metrics and publishes them to Graphite (and others). It is capable of collecting cpu, memory, network, i/o, load and disk metrics. Additionally, it features an API for implementing custom collectors for gathering metrics from almost any source.
Steps to getting started:
- Read the documentation
- Install via
pip install diamond. The releases on GitHub are not recommended for use. Use
pypi-install diamondon Debian/Ubuntu systems with python-stdeb installed to build packages.
- Copy the
- Optional: Run
diamond-setupto help set collectors in
diamond.conffor your needs.
- Run diamond with one of:
initctl start diamondor
- Diamond has successfully been deployed to a cluster of 1000 machines pushing 3 million points per minute.
- Diamond is deployed on Fabric's infrastructure, polling hundreds of metric sources and pushing millions of points per minute.
- Have a story? Please share!
Historically Diamond was a brightcove project and hosted at BrightcoveOS. However none of the active developers are brightcove employees and so the development has moved to python-diamond. We request that any new pull requests and issues be cut against python-diamond. We will keep BrightcoveOS updated and still honor issues/tickets cut on that repo.
Diamond Related Projects
- IRC #python-diamond on freenode. Webchat
- Mailing List firstname.lastname@example.org - Email the list and you will automatically subscribe. Archive